WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE FREE NHS JAB?
The Valley Pharmacy will be providing free NHS flu vaccinations from October 2023 – please check in store for more details.
Below is a summary of those who are eligible for a free NHS flu vaccination in community pharmacy. This is not a complete list. Other eligible groups and ages may be able to get a free flu vaccination via their GP (eligibility criteria may apply).
• Age 65+ years (including those turning 65 years on or before 31st March 2024)
• Pregnant women (18+ years)
• Age 18+ years with any of the following conditions:
– Asthma (treated with a preventer inhaler) / COPD or any other long-term lung condition
– A long-term heart condition
– Kidney or liver disease
– A neurological condition such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease or MS
– A learning disability
– A Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or more (severely overweight)
– A weakened immune system (or are in close contact with someone who has a weakened immune system) due to a medical condition such as HIV, medication or treatment (e.g. cancer chemotherapy)
• Age 18+ years and:
– A carer in receipt of carer’s allowance, or the main carer of an older or disabled person
– A frontline healthcare worker in social care or a hospice that does not have an employer-led occupational health flu vaccination scheme
– Living in long-stay residential care